I few things here and there for all you Ryan fans...

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Sorry To Disapoint the Ryan Fans(Heres somthing for ya)

Yeah, I guess it has been a while, I'll make a point to post more pics from battle of the bands, I just have kinda been all over the place lately.
(This is for Caitlin, who even in person expressed her need for my blog haha)

Last night we (The Breaks) played open mic at lydias. It's been pretty cool seeing it all come together somewhat, there actually seems to be a little breaksmania goin around town, well a very small amount, but it's definitely something to feel good about, especially when accomplished musicians around town are talking and coming out to see you. It was definitely a weird situation, to play on such a large scale, like the battle of the bands for your first show, then go into a situation like lydias where there are a lot of people there you don't know, and not very many of them, but I was surprisingly more nervous (although not much) than I was at the battle of the bands, I suppose I just have some sort of complex where I desire utter acceptance of other people to something I'm involved with. At the battle of the bands I wasn't expecting acceptance, and if i did, it was because so many of my friends were there. This situation was slightly different, more because there are a lot of people there that, unexpectedly are going to be exposed to our music, and its cool, but also kinda stressful, because I wasn’t people to like it, because I hold it so dear to myself.

I guess however I shouldn't be publicly expressing this, I'm suppose to be a rock star right, cocky etc. HAHA ah well.

Today was ridiculous in Art History. I kind of have a love hate relationship with this class. Its 3 Hours on Wed, making it the last class in my longest school day. This is somewhat discouraging in its favor, but it always seems to still keep my attention and get me excited about what it's talking about. I could actually see myself getting at least a minor in it, because I’m actually unbelievable intrigued with the relationship that art (and now I suppose media) played in historical change and transition. But I also find that class very frustrating, mostly due to the stupidity, insensitiveness etc of the general people in that class(and I guess pretentiousness). But anyways, I was sitting in a spot, where the Prof, could actually see me, because I was in the front row of the raised back part. Anyways, she’s talking about the Vietnam war and its effect on society etc. Anyways, I put my hand up, and kept it up for over 15 minutes, and she NEVER called on me. It was so ridiculous, I actually had a good point, that was going to further the discussion in the class, because everyone that was talking was kind of going in a circle, and really coming up with nothing prevalent etc. It was funny, because everyone in the area was laughing because she would look at me and everything, and just call on someone else. And finally she called on me, maybe after 20 min, and i had put my hand down. And my point was already kinda stated, so it was useless to even begin to explain it. I'm typically one that doesn't talk in classes, mostly because you look like an idiot if your wrong, and well even though I am fairly opinionated, especially in classes like this, I don't feel like actually defending myself.

I just don't understand why she didn't see me/call on me, it was so strange, and for so long. ahh well....

but that’s way too much, don't want to overload people with my bursts of blogblab
I've actually been doing a lot of solitary thinking lately, and I'm somewhat formulating a philosophy and have been writing it down....it does kinda sound like I'm just high(I'm not), but I think it's cool, maybe I'll go way out and enlighten the Ryan fans to some of these metaphysical thoughts.
Till next time....

3 Comments:

Blogger Anders said...

Sorry I didn't make it out last night, but I ended up hitting the sack early. And if you're tired, the last place you want to be is in someplace like that, bringing down the energy level. I hear it went well.

I'll be there next week for sure though.

March 23, 2005 at 3:00 PM

 
Blogger Ewan said...

No problem dude, you've been a great supporter.

March 24, 2005 at 11:07 AM

 
Blogger cait said...

Yay! A Post! My life has meaning!

Anyhow, 1. You are a bassist. You do not have to be the cocky rock star (that is Ewan's job, but he's way too nice) or the space case (that's Sam's job--but I don't know if he's like that). You groove quietly in the back, keep the band together, and express the struggles and insecurities of the group in heartfelt interviews on VH1.

2. My sister did her degree in art history, and while she loved the subject, she always got really pissed off at the other students. Art seems to draw the biggest BSers on campus--and I mean that in a genuine, "I don't know what the f*ck they're talking about" sort of way. If you like it though, keep at it, and avoid the pomo/poco bullshit, because there are a good profs in the department.

March 24, 2005 at 2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home